The Canadian Congenital Heart Alliance (CCHA) works closely with both adult and pediatric medical professionals and patients across Canada to raise awareness of congenital heart disease and the need for lifelong expert care.
The fact is that now 90-95% of children with heart defects will live to adulthood and well beyond, and we must ensure that the care and support is there for them every step of the way.
We recognize that the effects of congenital heart disease extend beyond the patient, and so we will strive to be an advocate for patients, their families, friends and loved-ones.
We need to work hard to ensure that we continue to get the best care possible, not only for ourselves, but also for future generations of patients and their families.
CCHA is the only non-profit organization in Canada that supports all Canadians with congenital heart defects.
Our work involves:
- Helping to save lives by educating patients with heart defects on how to protect their health.
- Helping to improve the lives of heart defect patients by offering needed support, education, and resources.
- Empowering heart defect patients to advocate for themselves and their community.
- Helping patients with heart defects share stories, make new friends, and trade support and information.
- Keeping patients, their families, friends, and the medical community informed of the latest breakthroughs in congenital heart defect (CHD) care, by receiving regular newsletters and attending events and conferences.
- Helping to educate the local and national media, medical community, government, and the general public about the life-long needs of heart defect patients.
- Being committed to work with other CHD organizations around the world to improve the lives of Canadians with CHD.
- Lobbying the government and allied organizations to assist congenital clinics across the country.
- Working on your behalf to support all CHD patients in Canada
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world.
Indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.”