Unique Hearts, Unique Lives - Information on navigating adult life with CHD - BC PACH clinic patient education day
Please join us for an opportunity to network with other congenital heart patients and families and learn about the treatment and managment of congenitral heart disease in adults. The PACH congenital cardiologists, nurses, genetic counselor, surgeon and even some of your old friends from BC Children's Hospital will be there to present information and answer questions throughout the day.
Date: Saturday May 7th, 2016
Time: 8:00am - 3:30pm
Location: St. Paul's Hospital Conference Center (level one is St. Paul's Hospital)
Presentation topics include:
- Transition to adult care - what did I miss?
- Exercise for adults with congenital heart disease
- Managing your heart condidtion - being the director for your heart condition
- Genetic counseling - what can it tell me?
- Stress and anxiety - developing positive coping techniques
- Closing holes and replacing valves - catheter interventions for congenital heart disease
- Putting the heart through the test - what cardiac tests tell us about your heart
- Congenital heart surgery - the history and the future journey
- Planning a pregnancy and facing menopause - health issues for women with congenital heart conditions
Thanks to all the doctors, nurses and staff who have generously donated their time. Also thanks to Foundation of St. Paul's hospital for donating the food.
Registration is free, lunch is free
To register: Please RSVP by Aprill 22, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-806-8520
Please include: e-mail contact, number of people attending, and any dietary restrictions
This Conference has now reached capacity for this event. Please register to be placed on the wait list. You will be contacted if space becomes available.